Recording for social media
The course is divided into 5 modules, each covering a different aspect of social media marketing. The first module introduces the concept of social media and explores the different platforms that are available for marketers to use. The second module focuses on creating a social media strategy and setting goals for social media campaigns.
The third module delves into the creation of content for social media platforms, including the use of images, videos, and other multimedia. The fourth module covers the importance of engaging with customers and building relationships through social media.
Finally, the fifth module discusses the importance of measuring and analyzing social media campaigns to improve future marketing efforts.
Throughout the course, students are provided with practical examples and case studies to help them understand how to apply the concepts they are learning. By the end of the course, students will have a strong understanding of social media marketing and be able to create effective social media campaigns for their own businesses or clients.
Introduction to Social Media Marketing by Anke Audenaert on Coursera consists of 5 modules, each containing a varying number of video lectures and quizzes. Including:
Module 1: The Social Media Landscape (14 videos + 8 readings + 1 quiz)
This week you'll get an introduction to the Meta Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate program, then you'll dive into an introduction to marketing and social media marketing, learn about how businesses use social media and get a basic overview of the social media landscape.
14 videosTotal 74 minutes
- Introduction to the Facebook Social Media Marketing Professional CertificatePreview module 6 minutes
- Introduction to Anke Audenaert 2 minutes
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing Overview 3 minutes
- Careers in Digital Marketing 5 minutes
- The Social Media Landscape Overview 0 minutes
- Introduction to Marketing 7 minutes
- Introduction to Digital Marketing 7 minutes
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing 9 minutes
- Social Media and Business 6 minutes
- Social Media and Non-Profits 6 minutes
- Categorizing Social Media 5 minutes
- The History of Facebook 6 minutes
- Facebook Products Overview 4 minutes
- The Social Media Landscape Conclusion 2 minutes
8 readingsTotal 95 minutes
- About Professional Certificate Surveys 5 minutes
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing Course Syllabus 10 minutes
- How to Be Successful in This Course 10 minutes
- Professional Certificate Job Search Resources Overview 10 minutes
- User Interface Note: Professional Certificate Content 10 minutes
- Community Guidelines 10 minutes
- How to Create Social Media Accounts for Your Business 30 minutes
- Recap of the History of Facebook 10 minutes
1 quizTotal 10 minutes
- Social Media for Business Practice Quiz 10 minutes
Module 2: Social Media Platforms Overview (13 videos + 2 readings + 1 quiz)
In week two, you'll learn the ins and outs of some of the major social media platforms as well as the differences between how individuals and businesses can and do use them.
13 videosTotal 120 minutes
- Social Media Platforms OverviewPreview module 1 minute
- Use Facebook to Connect People and Businesses 10 minutes
- Engage and Entertain with Video on YouTube 8 minutes
- Make Connections on WhatsApp and Messenger 10 minutes
- Connect, Engage and Transact with WeChat 11 minutes
- Find People that Care about What You Do on Instagram 12 minutes
- Build Professional Connections on LinkedIn 10 minutes
- Use Short Video to Connect on TikTok 11 minutes
- Boost Your Messaging Game With Snapchat 10 minutes
- Join the Conversation on Twitter 11 minutes
- Showcase Your Products and Services on Pinterest 8 minutes
- Connect on Niche Interests on Social 10 minutes
- Social Media Platforms Conclusion 1 minute
2 readingsTotal 40 minutes
- Start Here: Some Videos Are Optional 10 minutes
- The Major Social Media Platforms 30 minutes
1 quizTotal 10 minutes
- Social Media Platforms Part I Practice Quiz 10 minutes
Module 3: Goals and Planning for Success (6 videos + 3 readings + 1 quiz)
In week three, you'll dig into two foundational skills for a marketer, defining SMART goals and key performance indicators. These are key components in building out a marketing campaign no matter what platform you operate on. At the end of the week you'll complete your first project and apply your learning to a real life scenario.
6 videosTotal 21 minutes
- Goals and Planning for Success OverviewPreview module 1 minute
- What are Marketing Goals and Why Do you Need them? 3 minutes
- Establishing SMART Goals for Your Marketing 7 minutes
- What are KPIs and Why Do you Need them? 3 minutes
- Setting KPIs for Your Marketing 5 minutes
- Goals and Planning for Success Conclusion 0 minutes
3 readingsTotal 60 minutes
- Preparing For Your SMART Goal and KPIs Project 20 minutes
- SMART Goal Worksheet 20 minutes
- Key Performance Indicators Worksheet 20 minutes
1 quizTotal 10 minutes
- How to Set Your Marketing Goals Practice Quiz 10 minutes
Module 4: Understand Your Audience (6 videos + 4 readings + 1 quiz)
This week, you'll turn your focus to developing a target audience persona and a customer journey. This foundation to any marketing campaign builds off of what you learned last week on goals and key performance indicators. You'll end the week with a project in which you will build your own target audience persona and customer journey.
6 videosTotal 32 minutes
- Understand Your Audience OverviewPreview module 0 minutes
- What Is a Target Audience and Why Do You Need One? 5 minutes
- Defining your Target Audience 9 minutes
- What is a Customer Journey and Why Do You Need One? 8 minutes
- Mapping your Customer's Journey 7 minutes
- Understand Your Audience Conclusion 1 minute
4 readingsTotal 52 minutes
- How to Define Your Target Audience 2 minutes
- Target Audience Worksheet 20 minutes
- Customer Journey Examples 10 minutes
- Customer Journey Worksheet 20 minutes
1 quizTotal 30 minutes
- Define Your Target Audience Practice Quiz 30 minutes
Module 5: Choose Your Social Media Channels (8 videos + 2 readings + 1 quiz)
This week, we will wrap up the course with a focus on carefully selecting the appropriate social media platform based on your target audience and you’ll learn how to create and manage a social media policy.
8 videosTotal 41 minutes
- Choose Your Social Media Channels OverviewPreview module 1 minute
- Choose Your Platform Carefully 7 minutes
- Map Your Audience to the Right Platform 7 minutes
- Managing Social Media Policies 6 minutes
- Creating a Social Media Policy 4 minutes
- Using Your Company Blog 6 minutes
- Managing Your Blog 6 minutes
- Choose Your Social Media Channels Conclusion and Congratulations! 1 minute
2 readingsTotal 20 minutes
- How to Create a LinkedIn Profile 10 minutes
- Professional Certificate Job Search Resources Overview 10 minutes
1 quizTotal 10 minutes
- Choose Your Social Media Platforms Practice Quiz 10 minutes
As a former student of the Introduction to Social Media Marketing course by Anke Audenaert on Coursera, I found the course to be a comprehensive and informative introduction to the field of social media marketing.
One of the strengths of the course was its structure. It is divided into 5 modules, each covering a different aspect of social media marketing. The modules are well-organized and build on each other, allowing students to gradually develop their knowledge and skills. The lectures within each module are also well-structured, with clear learning objectives and engaging content that kept me interested throughout the course.
Anke Audenaert's teaching style is also a standout feature of the course. She is an engaging and knowledgeable instructor who clearly has a deep understanding of the topic. She uses real-world examples to illustrate key concepts, making the material relevant and easy to understand. She also provides clear explanations and helpful tips for using social media platforms for marketing purposes.
The assignments and quizzes were also useful for reinforcing the concepts covered in the lectures. They were challenging but fair, and the peer-review process allowed for constructive feedback and opportunities for improvement.
Overall, the Introduction to Social Media Marketing course is an excellent resource for anyone looking to develop their knowledge and skills in social media marketing. The course is well-structured, engaging, and informative, and Anke Audenaert is an excellent instructor who clearly has a passion for the topic. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in the field of social media marketing.
At the time, the course has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on over 10,893 ratings.
What you'll learn:
Upon completing the Introduction to Social Media Marketing course by Anke Audenaert on Coursera, students should have gained the following skills:
Knowledge of social media marketing: Students will gain a comprehensive understanding of social media marketing, including the different types of social media and how each can be used for business purposes. They will also learn how social media fits into the broader marketing landscape, and the key benefits and challenges of using social media for marketing.
Social media strategy development: Students will learn how to develop a social media strategy that aligns with their overall business goals and objectives. They will learn how to define their target audience, create a content strategy, and select the most appropriate social media channels to reach their audience. Students will also learn how to set goals and objectives for their social media campaigns and how to measure success.
Content creation: Students will learn how to create compelling content for social media platforms, including text, images, and videos. They will learn how to write effective copy for social media posts, create visually appealing images, and create engaging video content. They will also learn how to optimize their content for specific social media platforms, and how to tailor their content to their target audience.
Customer engagement: Students will learn how to effectively engage with customers on social media platforms. This includes monitoring social media activity, responding to customer inquiries and complaints, and building relationships with customers. They will also learn how to create and implement a customer service plan for social media, and how to handle negative feedback or reviews.
Data analysis: Students will learn how to measure the success of their social media campaigns and how to use data to make informed decisions about their social media strategy. They will learn how to track key metrics such as reach, engagement, and conversions, and how to use this data to optimize their social media campaigns. Students will also learn how to analyze social media data to gain insights into their target audience and the effectiveness of their social media strategy.
Overall, the Introduction to Social Media Marketing course provides students with a comprehensive set of skills that are essential for creating and executing successful social media marketing campaigns. By the end of the course, students should be well-equipped to develop a social media strategy, create engaging content, engage with customers, and analyze data to measure the success of their campaigns.
Anke Audenaert is a marketing consultant, lecturer, and author based in Belgium. She is the founder of INK - Brand & Social Media Consulting, a marketing consultancy that provides services such as social media marketing, branding, and content marketing. Anke also works as a lecturer at various universities in Belgium, teaching courses on marketing and social media.
Anke has authored several books on marketing, including "Sociale media voor ondernemers" (Social media for entrepreneurs) and "Start to Lead" (Start to Lead). She is also a frequent speaker at conferences and events, where she shares her expertise on social media marketing and other marketing-related topics.
Anke has extensive experience in the field of marketing, with a particular focus on social media marketing. Her knowledge and expertise have been honed through years of consulting work with a diverse range of clients, from startups to established businesses.
Anke is widely respected for her expertise in social media marketing, and her courses on Coursera are highly regarded by students and professionals alike. Her courses provide a comprehensive overview of social media marketing and are designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to create and execute successful social media campaigns.
Overall, Anke Audenaert is a highly respected marketing consultant and author with extensive experience in the field of marketing, particularly in the area of social media marketing. Her courses on Coursera are a valuable resource for anyone looking to improve their social media marketing skills and knowledge.
Here are the requirements for the Introduction to Social Media Marketing course by Anke Audenaert on Coursera:
Marketing knowledge: Students should have a basic understanding of marketing principles such as segmentation, targeting, positioning, branding, the 4 Ps of marketing (product, price, place, promotion) and the marketing mix. This will help them to understand the role of social media marketing in the broader marketing landscape.
Social media familiarity: Students should be familiar with the major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. They should understand how these platforms work and how they are used for personal and business purposes. They should also be able to navigate these platforms and create basic profiles.
Basic computer skills: Students should have basic computer skills such as the ability to use email, browse the internet, and use word processing software. They should also be comfortable using social media platforms.
English proficiency: The course is taught in English, so students should have a good level of English proficiency in order to understand the lectures and complete the assignments. They should be able to read, write, and speak English at an intermediate level or higher.
Access to a computer and the internet: Students will need access to a computer and the internet in order to participate in the course. They should have a reliable internet connection and be able to access and use social media platforms.
Time commitment: The course is designed to be completed in approximately 15 hours. Students should be prepared to commit the time necessary to complete the lectures, quizzes, and assignments.
Overall, the requirements for the Introduction to Social Media Marketing course are designed to ensure that students have a basic understanding of marketing principles, familiarity with social media platforms, and the necessary computer skills to participate in the course. With these skills, students will be able to fully engage with the material and complete the assignments successfully.